Last Christmas we had a quiz as part of our holiday party, with 70 Christmas-themed trivia questions.
We thought we’d share the questions so that you can put on your own quiz or use the questions as part of another party game! Please note that some of these are UK-centric.
70 Question Quiz for Christmas
- Name 5 of Santa’s 8 reindeer from the “Twas the night before Christmas” poem (Rudolph doesn’t count!)
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Blitzen, Comet, Cupid, Donner
- Who played the main character George Bailey in the film “It’s A Wonderful Life”?
- What date is St Stephen’s Day?
- In Charles Dickens’ novel “A Christmas Carol”, who was Scrooge’s dead business partner?
- London’s Trafalgar Square Christmas tree is traditionally given by which country?
- Which Christmas carol includes the lyrics “…to save us all from Satan’s power, when we were gone astray…”?
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
- The character Jack Skellington appears in which 1993 Tim Burton film?
The Nightmare before Christmas
- What is New Year’s Eve called in Scotland?
- How many maids were a-milking in the “Twelve Days of Christmas” song?
- Who is officially credited as the author of “Auld Lang Syne”?
- In the song “Winter Wonderland”, who do we pretend the snowman is?
- In which film does this quote appear – “Bless this highly nutritious microwavable macaroni and cheese dinner and the people who sold it on sale. Amen.”?
- What red-blooming Christmas plant came originally from Mexico?
- Which actor is the narrator in the 2000 film “The Grinch Who Stole Christmas”?
- Pine needles are said to be a good source of which vitamin?
- What is the zodiac sign of people born on 25 December?
- “Christmas Crackers” was the first Christmas edition of which popular British sitcom?
Only Fools and Horses
- What was Queen’s 1984 Christmas single called?
Thank God it’s Christmas
- How many lords were a-leaping in the “Twelve Days of Christmas” song?
- Jackie Wilson’s re-issued song “Reet Petite” became the 1986 UK Christmas number one after helping to advertise what brand?
- La Befana is the legendary character who delivers Christmas presents to children in which European country?
- Before the tradition of hanging stockings up at Christmas what did Dutch children hang by the fireside?
- Who banned Christmas in England between 1647 and 1660?
- Christmas Island in the Indian Ocean is a territory of which country?
- Child star Jimmy Boyd sang which hugely popular 1950’s Christmas song, which was initially banned by the Catholic Church in Boston?
“I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus”
- What is the name of The Simpson’s pet greyhound?
Santa’s Little Helper
- Born on Christmas Day in 1954, she had hits with such songs as “Walking on Broken Glass” and “No More I Love Yous”, what is her name?
- Which word, often associated with Christmas songs, stems from the Greek word for circle dance?
- In which country is St. Nicholas called Sinterklaas?
- In 1983, who was UK Christmas Number One with “Only You”?
The Flying Pickets
- Everyone remembers Band Aid, what year were they Number One in the UK charts?
- Which Christmas word means “turning of the sun”?
- How many pipers were piping in the “Twelve Days of Christmas” song?
- In which city is Kevin left “Home Alone” at Christmas (the first movie)?
- What do George C. Scott, Daffy Duck, Patrick Stewart, Michael Caine, Fred Flintstone and Jim Carrey all have in common?
They have all played Ebeneezer Scrooge
- Which Christmas song contains these lyrics – “for yellow and red ones let’s stop all the fight”?
“Happy Christmas (War is Over)” by John Lennon
- The traditional English Father Christmas was not dressed in red. What colour did he wear?
- Who sang the 1997 Christmas hit “I believe in Father Christmas”?
- What fruit is used to make a Christingle?
- Which wrestler starred in the 1996 film “Santa with Muscles”?
- Who played Fred Claus in the 2007 movie of the same name?
- What was the name of the boy in the TV film “The Snowman”?
- Who was the first British monarch to broadcast a Christmas message?
- What is a baby turkey called?
- Which English Victorian cook wrote the definitive Christmas cookbook?
- In a traditional mince pie, which ingredient would make it unsuitable for vegetarians?
- In whose Christmas special did various BBC newsmen perform “There is Nothing like a Dame”?
Morecambe and Wise
- Who wrote the book that became the cartoon classic “The Snowman”?
- What was the name of Tiny Tim’s father in “A Christmas Carol”?
- In the film “Jingle All The Way”, what toy was Arnold Schwarzenegger searching for?
- The plant “Viscum Album” is better known as which Christmas decoration?
- In which fictional land is it always winter but never Christmas?
- In the Christmas song “Jingle Bells”, how many horses pulled the sleigh?
- Which American male comedian plays Kate Winslet’s love interest in the film “The Holiday”?
- What is the name given to Father Christmas in France? Hint: A direct translation!
- Which boyband had the last UK Christmas number one of the 20th century?
- Which Hasbro children’s robot action figures were the most popular Christmas presents in 1984?
- At which of her homes does the Queen traditionally spend Christmas?
- In the rhyme “Christmas is Coming”, what is getting fat?
- In cockney rhyming slang what are ‘eyes’ called?
- What is Aladdin’s mother called in the popular Pantomime?
- “Driving Home For Christmas” was a hit single for which singer in 1988?
- The same song was Christmas No. 1 in 1975 and 1991. What was it?
- What kind of animal delivers gifts at Christmas in Syria?
- Who composed the music for the festive season ballet “The Nutcracker”?
- There are three days of the year when Americans consume the most food. One is Christmas, what are the other two?
Thanksgiving and Super Bowl Sunday
- What’s the name of the Christmas carol about evergreen plants?
“The Holly and the Ivy”
- What colour of Christmas did Elvis Presley sing about?
- Which author, most popular for his children’s stories and poems, wrote the very first Christmas Speech by King George V?
- Name Two of the Three Wise Men that visited Jesus?
Caspar, Balthazar and Melchior