We attended a “chilled-out” Hen Party at Wallops Wood Cottages in Droxford, Hampshire, and thought it would be useful for other party groups to see what we thought of it!
- Well signposted; we found the Cottages easily but it was not so easy to find our particular cottage "Early Mist"
- Absolutely beautiful scenery, with gorgeous views of the South Downs
- Not many conveniences nearby – there is a great local pub called The Hurdles, but it is harder to find groceries nearby (other than from a garage shop)!
- A stunning cottage with four double or twin bedrooms and an open plan living / dining / kitchen area in an L shape. 3 bedrooms have on-suite shower rooms and the 4th bedroom is in its own area of the cottage with a master bathroom.
- The cottage is part of a group of four cottages within one long barn building, but we did not get disturbed by our next-door neighbours at all.
- The cottage was extremely clean when we arrived
The decor is beautiful, with real wood flooring, very high ceilings and a premium quality kitchen. It has been decorated with a country cottage feel with images of wildlife and rural scenery on the walls and curtains.
Bedrooms and Bathrooms
The beds were extremely comfortable, and we were suprised and pleased that each bedroom had a blckout blind for those early summer sunrises. The showers were all powerful and very hot, which was much needed, and the fixtures and fittings in the bathrooms were of a very high standard.
There is a fenced off patio/garden area for each cottage, with stunning views of the rolling hills. However there was only a thin fence and some plants separating our garden from our neighbours garden so you might find this an issue if you wish to be completely private. Best of all the cottage has its own hot tub in the garden which looks out over the scenery. The hot tub was wonderfully indulgent and large enough for all 7 of us, although there were some higher and lower seats which weren’t ideal for everyone.
Equipment / Provisions
- All self catering ammenities were of a extremely high standard – the cottage was equipped with everything you could possibly need and more which impressed us considerably.
- Much of the kitchen equipment was very high quality from brands such as Joseph and Joseph, and there was plenty of tableware. We never ran out of clean plates, glasses or cutlery (and there is a dishwasher for the dirty ones!)
- Our only gripe was the use of the Ecover brand for washing up liquid, washing powder, dishwasher tabs and hand soap. Although we appreciate the eco-friendly nature of the brand, the products do not work as well as the regular brands.
THE LITTLE EXTRAS…
- We received an amazing hamper on arrival – with fresh bread, a delicious home made cake, apple juice, a local ale and more!
- The previous entries in the guestbook gush about the place and how at home visitors felt
- Despite the premium quality of the place, dogs are still welcome which we thought was a great touch!
Overall, we would highly recommend Wallops Wood as a venue for a relaxing Hen Party, Birthday Party or Family Gathering. The high quality of the accommodation, cleanliness, the view, and the hamper of goodies made all the difference. We are already planning to go back next year for a “Hen-iversary”!
VISIT: www.wallopswoodcottages.co.uk or find them on Facebook.